WHAT IS YOUR STORY? 2016 - 17 THEME
The Reflections program is a National PTA and WSPTA cultural arts competition. The purpose is to provide an opportunity for all students to use their creative talents by expressing themselves through their own original works. Winners at this school level will have their work forwarded to a competition among students from the Bellevue School District during the Bellevue PTSA Council judging. Council winners will advance to state level. State winners will advance to national competition.
Congratulations to our 2015-16 Winners at the WSPTA Level:
Film Production (9th - 12th Level) -- Award of Merit Evan Hemphill Light Box Newport High PTSA 2.3.155
Visual Arts (9th - 12th Level)--Outstanding Interpretation Iris Hwang Breaking Free Newport High PTSA 2.3.155
Congratulations to our 2015-16 Winner at the National PTA Level: Award of Excellence Iris Hwang Newport High School PTSA 2.3.155
Congratulations to our 2016 -17 Council Award Winners. State winners will be released in April at WSPTA Conventions. All students receiving Outstanding Interpretation at Council Level are advancing to State Level.
Greetings Newport’s artistic students and encouraging parents:
The theme for the 2016-2017 school year is What Is Your Story? This theme was selected through theReflections Theme Search Contest. Join the search for a future theme by entering the annual Theme Search Contest.
The Art categories are:
* Dance/Choreography- Original dance created by you. Please record the performance and provide 2 copies.
* Film/Video – Short film, documentary and more. Please provide two copied of the CD.
* Visual Arts – Painting of all kinds, collages, drawings, wood, clay, computer work, fiber etc. Artwork must be flat and not thicker than 3/8". Please make sure the art is in a firm board and not bent. PLEASE DO NOT USE CANVAS STRETCHED OVER WOOD FRAMES.
* Music – Original score with or without songs. Please provide the music sheet and provide two copies of the CD.
* Literature- Writing , poetry, opinions, short stories
* Photography – Go wild with your camera. prints up to 11 x 14 inches in color or black and white, including techniques: photogram, retouched, montage, sandwich and multiple exposure.
All rules and participation details are available online at: http://www.wastatepta.org/programs/reflections/program_details.html
Please read all the rules and follow the rules for each category before you begin your work. Please fill the forms completely and make a copy for your reference.
How to get started?
* Talk to your parents and tell them about what you want to do to show your artistic abilities
* Talk to your teachers and your Art teacher to share your ideas
* Fill out the official entry form
* Follow the rules for each category by visiting the reflection website.
Please feel free to contact email@example.com . Please submit your art work at the Reflections art box in the school office. Please see the rules and entry information on the Washington State PTA website. Complete the Newport High School PTSA entry form turn in your submission by Monday 11/21/16.